Errol, New Hampshire 03579
Errol, NH Lodging, Real Estate, Vacation & Travel Information
First chartered in 1774, Errol, New Hampshire was named for James Hay of Scotland, fifteenth Earl of Erroll, and owner of Linlithgow Castle, the birthplace of Mary, Queen of Scots, and King James V. Sitting on the northern end of Maine border, this sparsely populated town is a popular vacation site for snowmobilers, hikers, outdoor enthusiasts, and ATV operators. Errol is home to half of Umbagog Lake and has more inland water area than any town in Coos County.
13 Mile Woods is a community forest that is permanently protected by a conservation easement from further development. The 13- mile woods region encompasses 5,300 acres of land along the Androscoggin River including nearly 10 miles of river frontage. This Northwoods wildlife corridor is a popular recreational area and offers hunting, fishing, snowmobiling, cross-country skiing, hiking, and kayaking.
Errol, NH Population:
Errol, NH Local Information
Errol Police Dispatch: 911
New England Living Magazine