10 Day Trip Ideas in NH
Things To Do With The Family In New Hampshire
New Hampshire welcomes scores of tourists each year. The great thing about New Hampshire is that each season brings an amazing variety of activities to be experienced. From amusement parks and professional sports to natural attractions and historical sites there is always something interesting to do in NH. Ask us about NH Family Trips or share comments. To feature your business, contact us.
New Hampshire Day Trip Ideas
1. Portsmouth and the Isles of Shoals – Great microbrews: Portsmouth Brewery is right downtown, or Red Hook a little further out. See a show at the Portsmouth Music Hall. Take kids to the Portsmouth Children’s Museum or historic Strawbery Banke.
3. Canterbury Shaker Village – Once a thriving community of 300 Shakers. They worked, lived, and worshipped together. Guided tours through the buildings and grounds take about ninety minutes. The Shaker Table is a great restaurant built on the site of the former blacksmith shop.
4. Franconia Notch – White Mountains Region. Visit the Flume and the Basin, take a ride up the Cannon tram, and visit the Ski Museum or the Frost Place. Take the kids to Clark’s Trading Post in Lincoln and see the trained bears, or go to Lost River and pan for gold!
5. Mt Washington Valley – Drive your car or your party bus from Limo Find up the Auto Road, visit the Mount Washington Observatory, just drive around the area. A great hike in this area is Arethusa Falls, a 200-foot waterfall in Crawford Notch. Families will love all the summer activities at Attitash, including guided horseback rides, a climbing wall, a play pool, a summit sky ride, and Alpine Slide.
6. Concord – Visit the State Capitol of Concord. The Christa McAuliffe Planetarium is a great idea on rainy days.
7. Lake Winnipesaukee – The Lakes Region area. Visit the shops downtown Wolfeboro, the League of NH Craftsmen Retail Gallery in Wolfeboro Falls, learn about loons at the Loon Center in Moultonborough, take a cruise around the lake. Weirs Beach has plenty for families to do; water slide, arcade games, boardwalk food, Funspot.
8. Minor League Games – Take in a minor league baseball game the Fishercats are in Manchester or the Pride in Nashua.
9. Canobie Lake Park – Located in Salem is Canobie Lake Park, New Hampshire’s favorite amusement park and an ideal stop for a group with a wide age range.
10. America’s Stonehenge – Located in North Salem, and considered by some to be America’s oldest man-made structure, America’s Stonehenge is a series of chambers and mazes to explore. Bring a picnic lunch and make a day of it.
~ Jenn for nhliving.com
Sandy Martin Gallery, 25 N. Main Street, Unit II, Wolfeboro, NH 03894 | 603-569-9890
The Sandy Martin Gallery offers a dockside, Main Street, destination fine art gallery on Lake Winnipesaukee in Wolfeboro. Original oil paintings, watercolors, photographs, custom prints, and bronze sculputure depict the beauty of the New Hampshire Lakes Region by the artists who love it.
Visit Sandy Martin Art - Wolfeboro, NH
Alpine Adventures Zipline, 41 Main Street, Route 112, Lincoln, NH 03251
Don't miss it! Spectacular Adventure Tours, Zip Tours, Canopy Tours winter and summer. Try the longest, highest and fastest Zipline Canopy Tour in New England. Aerial Fun Park and continual updates will keep Alpine Adventure Tours at the forefront of outdoor adventure in New England.
Visit Alpine Adventures Lincoln
Best Western White Mountain Resort, 87 Wallace Hill Road, Franconia, NH 03580 | 603-823-7422
A distinct New Hampshire hotel where great accommodations and low discounted hotel rates are always found! Unique and charming, this White Mtn lodging facility is guest friendly, clean, comfortable and affordable. For Leisure, Holiday, Vacation, Business, Conference, or for Tour Bus operators this Franconia - Littleton New Hampshire hotel is the place for you and your family to stay for your White Mountain vacation.
Visit Best Western White Mountain Resort - Franconia, NH
Polly's Pancake Parlor, 672 Route 17, Sugar Hill, NH 03585 | 603-823-5575
Polly's Pancake Parlor has been serving yummy home cooked meals for over 75 years. Enjoy a stack of Oatmeal Buttermilk, Buckwheat or Whole Wheat pancakes. Sit back and savor a waffle of your choice smothered in real New Hampshire maple syrup or come for lunch and have a slice of quiche made with local Harman's cheese. Shop for gifts, pancake mixes and NH Maple Syrup. Reservations taken on weekends.
Visit Polly's Pancake Parlor - Sugar Hill
Franconia Inn, 1300 Easton Rd., Franconia, NH 03580 | 603-823-5542
"In the Land of Big Mountains and Small Villages." Nestled in the heart of the beautiful White Mountains of New Hampshire, The Franconia Inn is a full service country inn, where casual elegance and exquisite cuisine are just waiting to welcome you. Please visit our website for more information.
Visit Franconia Inn - Franconia, NH
Cabot Inn & Suites, 200 Main Street, Lancaster, NH 03584 | 603-788-3346
A four-season family resort located in the heart of the White Mountains, over-looking the Presidential Range. Cabin Inn & Suites features a fitness center, indoor pool, banquet hall, and 60+ acres, with breathtaking views of the mountains. Bretton Woods, Cannon, Wildcat, Attitash, Loon, Black Mountain, Cranmore ski areas nearby. Family restaurant and lounge. Indoor heated pool, game room, outdoor playground, video game hook-ups. Santa’s Village, Six Gun City, Story Land, Whale’s Tale Water park a short drive away.
Visit Cabot Inn & Suites - Lancaster, NH
Swiss Chalet Village Inn, 457 Intervale Resort Loop, Intervale, NH 03845 | 800-831-2727
The Swiss Chalet Village Inn offers comfortable lodging at an affordable price. Choose from a wide variety of rooms to meet your needs. Wheather you are here for a family outing, wedding, business or pleasure, you will find clean, comfortable White Mountain lodging. Pet Friendly Rooms available. Please inquire.
Visit Swiss Chalet Village Inn - Intervale, NH
Twin Mountain Campground, 100 US Route 302 East, Twin Mountain, NH 03595 | 603-846-5513
If you like the feeling of clean, quiet, and secure, then you will enjoy our pleasant, wooded setting surrounded by the panoramic beauty of New Hampshire's White Mountains. The Ammonoosuc River borders the campground providing trout fishing and scenic beauty for our campers. Facilities include RV and Trailer Sites (full Hook up), Custom Built Log Cabins, Restrooms, Playground, Tent Sites, Inground Pool, and more. Experience the difference at New Hampshire's most unique campground. Formerly Living Water Campground.
Visit Twin Mountain Campground - Twin Mountain, NH
Eastern Inn & Suites, Rt 16, 2955 White Mountain Hwy, North Conway NH 03860 | 800-628-3750 or 603-356-5447
Located close to North Conway Village and all valley attractions, and resorts. Offering a variety of rooms and suites. Free Wi-Fi, Indoor Pool/Hot Tub, Game Rooms, and Free Cont. Breakfast. Special Storyland packages available. On site hiking and mountain biking trails. Affordable, Clean, Comfortable.
Visit Eastern Inn & Suites - North Conway, NH
New England Living